In the following sentences, circle the adverb and underline the word it modifies.
1. I secretly hid the present.
2. I will finish my homework later.
3. Let’s have a picnic outside.
4. You need to come here.
5. I am very late.
6. The car rolled backward.
7. The temperature is very high.
8. The kids worked eagerly.
9. Tomorrow I will mow the lawn.
10. Prairie dogs live underground.
Group the following adverbs according to their function.
urgently, home, soon, quite, too, weekly, awkwardly, abroad, unevenly, anywhere, totally, afterwards, almost, quietly, before, inside
HOW: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHEN: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHERE:
Conjunction Exercises
In the following sentences, circle the conjunctions
1. Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.
2. Did you remember to buy paper and pencils for school?
3. We are having macaroni and cheese for lunch.
4. Do you want to go or stay home?
5. She jumped and tumbled on the trampoline.
6. Do you walk or ride the bus to school?
7. The apple is red and shiny.
8. Grapes are purple or green.
9. The train clattered and rattled on the tracks.
10. We are going to Texas or Florida on vacation.
11. It is raining cats and dogs.
12. Children swing or slide at the playground
FIB WITH ADVERBS
slowly carefully beautifully well loudly carelessly easily excitedly finally suddenly quickly quietly
1. Come here ____________. You have to see this!
2. We knew that she had got the job when we saw her _________ talking on the phone.
3. He ______________ put the vase on the table. It fell to the floor.
4. Sharon is throwing a party on Saturday. She ___________ finished her PhD.
5. Let’s walk ________________. I don’t want to be the first one at the meeting.
6. Alex _____________ put up the bookshelves. It was too difficult for me to do on my own.
7. Every thing happened so ______________. We had to move to California in less than a month.
8. Why does he always have to talk so ____________. You can hear him in the next room!
9. Although she speaks five languages, she did not do ___________ on the translation exam.
10. I was so surprised. His new apartment was _____________ decorated.
Instructions: Pick out the adverbs in these sentences.
1. Daily we did our very hard lessons.
2. The yearly crop was totally ruined by the weather.
3. Hourly we listened to the rapidly falling rain.
4. The friendly person suddenly ran up to me.
5. The unusually large dog jumped outside and licked my face.
Identify the kind of sentence. The first two have been done for you.
1. Why do you believe that?
2. I want to know why you believe that.
3. Please accept my apology.
4. Your face is frightening the baby!
5. My shoe is on fire!
6. When did you first notice that your shoe was on fire?
7. My doctor told me to take these vitamins.
8. Ask Doris for the recipe.
9. Did you solve the puzzle yet?
10. Ann, hand me your coat.
11. It’s hard to believe that this paper is made from wood.
12. There are more apples in the refrigerator.
13. We’re on the wrong planet!
14. Will Patricia pause to place poached pickles on Paula’s pretty plate?
15. I would send her a gift if I were you.
16. Send her a nice gift.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. Ann, hand me your coat.
11. It’s hard to believe that this paper is made from wood.
12. There are more apples in the refrigerator.
13. We’re on the wrong planet!
14. Will Patricia pause to place poached pickles on Paula’s pretty plate?
15. I would send her a gift if I were you.
16. Send her a nice gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment